Non-LSR How old we are

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Non-LSR How old we are
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:12:33 -0500
(although it's worth noting that many respondents reported their age on
that next anniversary.  I thought "I'm x, going on x+1" was for little
kids trying to be older than their age. . .)  Seven respondents, as far
as I could tell or remember, were bike racers.

For all racers combined:
Median age (half older than, half younger than):  55 1/2 years

Average age:                                                        54 7/8 years

Average age, not counting Tim Bryant's 21:           56 3/4 years
(next youngest after Tim is 32)

Most common age (four of youse guys)                 60

One third of you are older than 60, 2/3 younger than 60

With 60 as the most common age, there are 14 older -- and going
fourteen racers down from 60 you arrive at 47 years old.

14 of you are in your 60s, by far the most common age decade of this
group.

For bike folk only:  Median was 48, average 49.71.  Extremes were 39 &
60.

Finally, there were a number of responders that addressed other
respondents - without reporting their own age.  Hmmm.  And there were
41 resonses from males, one from a female.  You can do your own math on
that one.  The results of this survey will be available until I throw
them out.   Anyway, that's enough of this number massaging for now.  I
got a haircut today -- gotta go home and shower and stop this damn
itching under my collar...

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan