Re: Fw: a coke can?

To: <BWANA343@aol.com>, "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: a coke can?
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@t-online.de>
Date: 20 Feb 2005 17:35 GMT
<BWANA343@aol.com> schrieb:
> OK, so far we got Coors, Lubeka, and maybe Reynolds. Can Russia, inventor  of
> everything, and Al Gore be far behind?
> Keith, get out in the shop and do something! Are you bringing a car to  the
> ECTA opener?
> I hope to bring The Green Car to compete with you for The Hot Rod jacket,  so
> get off your coke can....Bob,where's my helmet, W

The company Lubeka was a very small company in Heilbronn/Germany which create a
lot of new production idea's - when they developed a new production way for
can's - especially alu cans - the got the worldwide patent on them.

A short time later in America a other company was coming to the same solution -
the American patent office ignored the world wide patent of Lubeka. The company
had to suit the patent office - not the company - because it was not there
fault that they got the patent.
In the 70's it was not easy to get his rights, especially by patent rights -
may be it would be easier today, due to the European market rights.
Anyway - Lubeka was to small (around 350 employees) - at last they got the
rights from a international court alone - but it was too late.
The company was bankrupt due to big bills - and was sold to a international
investor group - later the former owner found out that one of the investor was
a company in Atlanta/Goergia - we know them as Coca Cola.
When the company was sold the investor picked over 200 patent on food
packagings with metal and alu.

This to the alu can....

See ya

Pork Pie