Re: Coolant Temp's

To: Keith Turk <kturk@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant Temp's
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:40:04 -0800
Keith,

Water temp on gasoline rises about 100 degrees on a run. At Speedweek
2003, the first time we ran this motor, we overheated on the first run
because Dan forgot to turn the water pump on.

The next two runs we started with about 150 deg. and ended the run at
about 260 deg. The next two meets, I was leaving the line with about 120
deg. and ending with about 220 deg. We run coolant (50/50 water and
antifreeze) and a 20 lb. radiator cap. With this setup it takes over 270
deg to lose water.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC