Turbine Differential?

To: LandSpeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turbine Differential?
From: "Jon.the.Wise" <jon.the.wise@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:44:33 -0800
I remember reading in one of my magazines a while back (hot, rod, car
craft or rod and custom... I believe it was rod and custom though)
about something that was developed in the '60s era where the developer
actually integrated a turbojet or something similar into the rear
differential of a car... this was a while ago, so I don't even
remember what issue it was (possibly over a year ago) but it was
something I really was interested in finding out more about. Does
anybody have any information about this? The only thing that I
remember reading was that they weren't too popular of an upgrade
because they produced so many (into the several hundred to over a
thousand) foot pounds or torque, and it made the cars so difficult to
control that nobody wanted anything to do with them.

Anybody?
--
~Jon