RE: TIG Welder wiring question

To: "Jon Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>, <RACE427@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TIG Welder wiring question
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 19:27:23 -0400
This grounding is a recommendation from lincoln at least it was in my case.
I pounded 10 rods in an arry around the perimeter of the building tied to
the rebar in the floor. All I got from them was'I guess anything worth doing
is worth overdoing' but that is my style at times. i will dig up the notes
but they also suggested some caps on the 240 input from the panel to quiet
things down on reflected noise back into the mains. i have my shop in a
residential neighborhood that USED to be a nice blue collar place but now it
is out of towners that 'found' the quaint old houses..
Dave