Re: Brake pad material removal

To: "LSR list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake pad material removal
From: "atrav" <atrav@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:52:14 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>

> can you put a spacer between caliper halves it it is a 2 piece caliper?

Hmm, the spacer is a good idea, I'll check.

If
> they are just barely touching and you can rotate the wheel i doubt if you
> need a total of 1/8 inch more clearance though probably less than that total

The wheel is tight enough that it needs two hands and a tough grunt to turn it.
The reasons why I
want to take so much is I'm not sure the caliper mounts are tightening down
properly with the pads
so tight, and I don't like the piston so tight against the bottom of the bore
either. Maybe after I
wear out these pads the rotor will be worn enough to take new pads, but I bet
I'll have to still
take a little bit off.

-Aron-