Re: Chassis Cushion?

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chassis Cushion?
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:20:17 -0400
   With the chassis lightly resting on wooden blocks  towing puts no more
vertical stress on things than if the car was in the garage .
   Does anybody tow their cars with the wheels raised so the wheel bearings
don't Brinell ? For that reason the navy used to rotate idle machinery with
roller bearings once a day while at sea .
   An air cushion can act like a roller so you need to tie the car down well
.