Re: Non Dzus

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: Non Dzus
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:53:01 -0500
On Friday, January 6, 2006, at 12:29  PM, drmayf wrote:

> Ok, now that I have ordered my panel fasteners, I have another
> question...aw crap you say...but here it is anyway: Some helmets can
> be had with different tints to the face shield. Some are dark some are
> clear and some can be amber colored. I know some yellow colors absord
> blue and make for some dright day vision improvements (like shooters
> glasses) so is there any experience with using something like a blue
> blocker visor on your helmet? Are do we just squint a lot...
>
> mayf, the rednecked ignorant desert rat in Pahrump

Ah, finally a question where I have some experience.  I prefer to
screen out some of the brilliance, and so normally wear polarized
sunglasses.  When I wear them inside the helmet/through the face
shield, though, the stresses in the plastic make pretty colored wavy
lines in my field of view.  Very nice if you're a child of the 60's,
maybe ("Yeah, man, I see it too. . ."), but not quite what I have in
mind for going down the salt.  So I tried a "dark smoke"-tinted shield
-- neutral color, that is -- with my regular glasses, and I've had no
difficulties at all.  I haven't tried colored shields.

Nancy uses clear shield/cheapo sunglasses, reports no difficulties.
She hasn't tried colored shields, either, but may be looking for a pink
shield to go along with her pink flamingo motif on the bike.  Her
tattoos are pink, too, but that's another story.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)