Re: Internal sleeves in butt joints

To: gmc6power@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Internal sleeves in butt joints
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:34:07 EST
Hi JD

The SCTA does have some of the most conscientious inspectors bar none and
they should be applauded for their never ending dedication to the safety of our

sport.

In the for what it's worth dept, when I welded the "semi" butt joints I had
an 1/8" parting line between the tubing ends. This allowed for complete
penetration which left an almost flush weld. I went over all the welds with a
second pass building up the metal to above flush and beyond the edges of the
original weld "just to be sure"! They look and are "robust"!!!

Otto