Re: 200mph club question?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 200mph club question?
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 07:58:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
IMO I think this why we already see others driving the owners cars after the
first record over 200 is set.  Think about your own car. Look at mine, how
about the Nish's. I can come up with many many more.

In the past also only one red tag was made and now multiples are available. (We
will see if this will become a problem in the years to come.) I get requests
for multiple Certs but I direct folks to their nearest Kinkos for them.

At Fontana's, he has framed copies I gave him hanging in his office of all the
Certs. A large picture of the roadster is also there with all the red tags
under it. Extra trophies for the 200+ records were also bought and given to
him. Just a small token of my appreciation for what he has done. His engine is
now in the Ferguson streamliner with a chance of him getting a red hat. His
personal record of 191+ still stands set in 1985. He did make a pass over 200.

Drivers have always been the "heros" in racing but many over know who the real
ones are. Good Luck...J.D.