Re: LSR automobile suspension question

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: LSR automobile suspension question
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 07:41:48 -0400
Dick J wrote:

>Is there really any need for an anti-roll bar on the front of an independent
>front suspension on an LSR car?
>
>  DickJ
>  In East Texas
>

>Dick,

I believe in having suspension in Bonneville cars...maybe because I
understand what it brings to the party. One can argue that they ran fine
without it but if you get sideways, wouldn't you be happier and more
confident if you had a properly setup vehicle. I would take the time to
remove the springs and run the suspension through its travel and see
first hand what the toe-in ( bump steer) numbers are. Limiting bumpsteer
and keeping the car flat are important if you DO get crossed-up.

Just my opinion after years of building lots of cars,
joe