Intake valves (Not strictly LSR)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake valves (Not strictly LSR)
From: jthorn65@sbcglobal.net
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:01:15 -0500
Hey all

  I am looking for some information and since this list is populated by
individuals with much better than
average IC engine knowledge I thought I'd ask here.

  I am looking for a company that makes a specific type of intake valve. For
lack of an image I would
describe it as a large poppet style intake valve with a hollow stem into which
a smaller intake valve stem is
inserted. The smaller or inner valve fits into a recess in the main valve's
disk. Small holes drilled into the
top of the larger valve disk near the shoulder allow intake gasses to pass
though those openings and press
onto the top side of the smaller inner valve. The inner valve is held in check
by a spring, also inside the
larger valve stem, that allows it to open when intake pressure is sufficient to
overcome its tension.

  Does anyone know who makes this valve? I have searched the net and come up
empty handed. I know
the company had a website a few years ago but no mater what terms I use when
searching I keep coming
up empty handed. I am hoping the description sounds familiar to someone here,
maybe they've used these
valves in an engine they built. Sorry for the longwinded and not terribly clear
verbal description but without
an image of the valve I'm looking for it's the best I can come up with.

Thanks in advance, I have faith that someone here will know who makes these
valves.

John Thornton