Gas mileage

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas mileage
From: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:19:52 -0400
I'm sure most of you know this but my way of fighting gas prices is to make
sure that my driving is such that I use as much of the kinetic energy that the
engine creates as possible, especially in city driving, and I find I can
stretch my gas mileage tremendously by taking my truck out of gear well ahead
of anticpated stops, and accelerating up to a constant speed quickly, but not
excessively and then holding the truck at a steady speed.This means that the
energy the engine creates is being used to move the vehicle and is not being
turned into heat in the brakes. The vehicle lasts longer too and I save my
speed trials for my Duster. I learned this from reading about the Mobil gas
mileage challenges of the sixties-which Chrysler often won because they paid
very close attention to how they were driving. Using these simple tips I can
easily exceed the EPA ratings for my truck and car. It does not solve the high
prices but I get more out of what I buy.   Scott

This communication may contain confidential or privileged
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review, use, or distribution or disclosure by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or
authorized to receive the information from the recipient, please
contact the sender by email and delete all copies of this message.
<<<MentorCollege>>>