Nitrous question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Nitrous question
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:25:30 -0400
I'll word this carefully so I don't get anyone too curious -- but is
there any difference between nitrous I get from a race shop (with
sulphur dioxide) and nitrous at the dentist's office (no SO2)?  That
is, is the SO2 vital to the operation of the engine, and if I use
medical grade N2O without the smelly stuff I'll hurt something?

My bottles read "100 ppm SO2" -- that's not a whole heck of a lot of
sulphur -- but maybe it's important.  I'd appreciate hearing a
definitive answer.  Thanks.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan