Re: Chip for my diesel?

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Chip for my diesel?
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:03:58 -0400
On Friday, April 28, 2006, at 02:58  PM, Glen Barrett wrote:

> Jon
> Chevrolet told me that any warranty is void if a chip has been
> changed. They also said even if you put the stock chip back in they
> can trace it. I get about 13 mpg towing my 30' fifth wheel and avg.
> 18mpg at 65 mpg. It's a dually so the mileage goes to crap at 70/75 to
> about 11mpg.
> I feel it's as much as I need. the truck  weighs 7700 lbs. and the
> trailer 10500lbs.
> Glen

Okay -- some numbers from my experience so far (all driving under 65
mph):

Truck weight is about 6,800# -- trailer I haven't weighed yet.

20-21 mpg w/ no trailer

16-16.5 w/ 6 x 12 enclosed trailer

13-14 with the 7 x 16 enclosed we just picked up early this week.

I can see a thousand bucks of diesel from here to the Salt and back in
August -- that's why I'm asking about the chip.  Yeah, I know about the
possibility of warranty going away -- but the truck's got 84,000 miles
on it now, so there isn't much warranty left about which to worry.
Thanks, Glen.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan