Oil filler removal (non-LSR)

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil filler removal (non-LSR)
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 14:12:47 -0700
Anyone know how to readily remove the oil filler tube on an old 'vette intake
manifold without removing the manifold?  I'm trying to rotate it so the smog
hose fitting will be oriented away from the cold air setup I'm fabbing.  But
the thing seems dead solid in there, so my hopes of wiggling it loose were
soon dashed.  I guess the fact that the tube is steel and the manifold
aluminum means that they needed to use a bit more interference fit to make it
stay, which it has done admirably for 40 years.
Benn