Re: Trailer question (sort of LSR)

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trailer question (sort of LSR)
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 09:39:02 -0400
On Thursday, May 25, 2006, at 09:15  PM, Dave Dahlgren wrote:

> be careful about what grade stainless you get may will rust. Most
> common
> sold is 17-8 and I promise you that will rust. look for 304 at least
> and
> preferably 316. If a magnet will attract it will rust.
> Dave

Bob, my buyer here, says that you'd be welcome to step up and pay for
the 316 if you'd like to.  I'd list you as a sponsor.  And in #10 pan
head sheet metal screws it's pretty much 18-8 or find a specialty
vendor.  We use Grainger as our supplier.  He shopped for Ti fasteners
so we'd not have any issues, but they're a tad hard to source, and
would be kinda pricey, anyway.

But then, what's the difference?  With all the stickers I put on the
trailer, most of the 477 needed fasteners will be hidden by vinyl,
anyway.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan