RE: 3 litre v-8

To: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>, rjhco <rjh@hockertlaw.us>,
Subject: RE: 3 litre v-8
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:50:30 -0700 (PDT)
About ten years ago, Toyota made a 2.8 and 3.0 aluminum hemi V-8 for the
japanese and foreign market only.  They weren't imported to the US, but there
are quite a few that made it into this country and are floating around.  They
made pretty good power, and I've seen one with a set of webbers and custom
headers. Dimensionally, the motor is about the size of a V8/60 Ardun.  Really
neat little motor.

  The British Daimler also had a small hemi back in the fifties.  I saw one
only last week.

  DickJ
  in east Texas