Re: Ratical lives (now non-lsr anecdote)

To: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Ratical lives (now non-lsr anecdote)
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 09:02:14 -0400
On Monday, July 3, 2006, at 01:08  AM, Wester Potter wrote:

> When you are ready for paint I hear Earl Scheib has a good deal on
> right now.  My former neighbor who owns a body shop says they pay more
> for paint than Earl Scheib charges for the full paint job.
> Wes

A guy that used to work with my dad worked for Earl Scheib back in the
day.  Late one afternoon, so the story goes, some fella came in and
asked for a quick paint job.  No, we're quitting for the day, he was
told, but he begged and whined and offered more than $29.95 (we might
stop here to discuss if the car had been acquired in some illegal
fashion, mightn't we?).

The guys finally said okay, bring it in.  They dumped all of today's
leftover paint into a can and started spraying.  When they were done
the car was cruddy-grey all over.  They handed the guy a few razors to
clean off enough of the windows that he'd be able to see out (I didn't
mention anything about covering glass and shiny stuff, did I?), he paid
and left.

You wonder, though -- wouldn't the cops have a pretty easy time finding
a car sporting a paint job like that?

"My name's Earl Scheib, and I'll paint any car for $29.95!"  I hear
it's more like $79.95 nowadays.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan