Re: no lsr content - Great American Race

To: "Wester Potter" <wester6935@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: no lsr content - Great American Race
From: "David in Durango" <adin@frontier.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:01:19 -0600
There was a Hudson spl. there, if I remember correctly it was this
http://images17.fotki.com/v323/photos/4/43175/3749513/DSCN4820-vi.jpg?800600

cockpit.

The Cat in the Hat was there, but Jack  Dingman gave me the hat - he was
running a couple of Fords: 1) a "34 indy car" according to him; and 2) a
36ish roadster (we got to talking cause I wondered how they kept the
flathead cool).  There was a 41 ex-mil car there. . . .

Anyhow, it was great fun to see some cars running.  I saw some old wreck of
a car there that had mixture, timing and "govenor" controls right on the
steering wheel
http://images17.fotki.com/v15/photos/4/43175/3749513/DSCN4832-vi.jpg?800600

 - Wonder if I could even drive something like that . . . .
http://images17.fotki.com/v325/photos/4/43175/3749513/DSCN4834-vi.jpg?800600
(Silver Ghost?)

cheers!