Re: NO LSR... ( but if your into wines you'll enjoy this )

To: dan warner <dwarner230@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: NO LSR... ( but if your into wines you'll enjoy this )
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:31:46 -0400
On Thursday, July 6, 2006, at 12:18  PM, dan warner wrote:

> We used to drink Red Mountain in the 1/2 gallon bottle for $2.49 when
> I was protecting the country for you.
>
> DW

Then there was Gill's Brewery in Chicago, from which I bought a few
beers in the 60's.  You'd drive through a very disreputable
neighborhood and down an alley to a sliding window on the side of a
building.  They'd open the window and say "How much?" and you'd say "2
gallons" or whatever and hand them two empty gallon jugs, which they'd
fill with beer and return to you.  It was something like 79
cents/gallon.  The label proclaimed "Gill's Beer -- Often Imitated,
Never Duplicated.  Guaranteed will no go flat/will not get warm".  We
called the beer "Gill's Won't Go Flat", of course.

Once my sister bought a bottle from them (you could buy bottles, but
you had to pay deposit -- probably more than the price of the beer),
and the bottle came complete with dead mouse floating in the brew.

Note to all racers:  Once you're in impound you WILL NOT improve your
chances by offering DW some Gill's Won't-Go-Flat.  Stick with name
brands.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan