Re: OK, lets trash NHRA, Nascar, IRL, Formula 1, etc, anybody

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OK, lets trash NHRA, Nascar, IRL, Formula 1, etc, anybody
From: "Arne Hulstein" <arne.hulstein@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 01:04:57 +0200
Hi Otto,

It's good old American greed that caused it all.

Euhm let's just rectify one thing... In Formula One sponsorship was brought
in by a certain Colin Chapman, the owner/founder of the Lotus brand in race
and roadcars. He got a tobacco brand to cover the cost for his racing. And
he was British. Greed is pretty much universal to man. Don't you agree?

Back to how we want to have these bodies run? I would say we're all on the
sidelines. And yes, the LSR sport could go the same way. If it were
interesting enough to enough people. Because that is where it lays. If money
can be made through connecting ones brandname to a
sport/athlete/car/driver/etc. then it will be done. Refusing sponsorship
won't stop that as there would be enough interested people out there to make
the investment worth it.

Just my $.02

Arne