Re: THE SALT GODS HAVE SPOKEN!!! or they are going to ...

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>, list LSR
Subject: Re: THE SALT GODS HAVE SPOKEN!!! or they are going to ...
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 12:10:05 -0600
Dave

What we had been borrowing was a steel barrel that had been cut in
half, hinges on one side and a handle on the other.  Some extruded
steel with lips to hold it in place for a cooking surface.  It was
built in her auto body shop.  Her ex-husband even did Thanksgiving
turkeys in it as I remember.  I think we could find a dry home for a
replacement in the USFRA storage unit in Wendover.  The old one died
because it lived year round in my neighbor's back yard and collected
water from her sprinklers in the summer and snow in the winter.  I
doubt that there was $20 worth of materials in the whole thing.  Just
he barrel, hinges and rebar.  The hinges may have been the big buck
items.  I've been working on a replacement here but so far without much
progress ... but there's five weeks still.

Wes