Re: Explanation regarding Andy

To: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Explanation regarding Andy
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 12:46:16 -0700
Malcolm

Now I understand!
You weren't talking about reality, you were talking about the media.
They only know what they read in government and corporate news
releases, with a few rare exceptions like David.

I agree completely with your last statement. One of the smartest decisions
they made in the beginning was to select a pilot to operate/drive the car.
The secret selection method for the right person was brilliant. Andy was
truly a team member. Somewhere I have a picture of Andy with a big push
broom sweeping out the AirShelter while everyone else crawled all over
ThrustSSC. Anything he could do to help the team, he would do.

It's sad that many Brit's aren't aware of what an extraordinary feat a small
group of their countrymen achieved.
I'm proud to have known a few of them.

Thank you very much for updating me Malcolm.

Best Regards,
Bryan