As long as we're on electrical cut off switchs...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: As long as we're on electrical cut off switchs...
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:06:08 EDT
I start it with a remote, plug in battery and run a Mag with a "stock"
mechanical fuel pump which does have a fuel cutoff valve installed on the pump
pressure side.

I only have a small sealed motorcycle type battery to power the Tach and
yellow oil warning light. It has a 15A fuse at the battery with a master  cut
off
switch in the drivers compartment just inside the canopy. We're only  talking
14 gauge wire throughout.

Should I also have a master cutoff on the outside of the body for the  safety
crew to easily get to?

If so, would it have to be a typical high amp cutoff for big battery leads
or just a 30A toggle switch?

Thanks
Otto