F1 on the salt today

To: list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: F1 on the salt today
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 21:12:35 -0600
The high buck F1 crew on the salt today must have angered the salt
gods.  They had been running in the 230's but spun out today at 234.
Glen will blame the wide tires.  Others will question the aerodynamics.
  I think they possibly didn't sacrifice enough virgins before they set
foot on the salt or they didn't ask the right questions of the people
who know salt flats racing.  It is windy and raining lightly in SLC
this evening but the weather on the salt should be completely
different.

They have air ambulance, highway patrol, caterers and such ... perhaps
they need someone who knows something about salt racing.  I have no
idea who they have been consulting with before the attempt.  Anyone
have information on them?  Is this crew involved with the SoCal Speed
Shop guys?

Wes