Tools

To: "landspeed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tools
From: "Rich Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:57:10 -0800
Sometime in '64 I decided that I was tired of spending $1 at the Shell
station, next door, to charge the battery in my Altered coup every Saturday.
So I spent $8 for a Schaefer 4 amp tapering charge Battery charger. I remember
Larry was upset because he thought I was going to hit him up for $4 for his
half. But I decided to call it mine and stand the entire expense. Since the
car had a Schaefer mag with no advance so we always push started it, I don't
remember why we had a battery anyway. But we did, and the charger still works
great. I had to replace the clips a while ago and the bottom shows signs of
salt exposure, but I think it was $8 well spent.