Re: Favorite Tools (Vaguely LSR)

To: Rich Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Favorite Tools (Vaguely LSR)
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 18:48:08 -0800
I took one of my least expensive dial calipers and shortened the
adjustable end point about a 1/4 inch. Yep ground it off. Now when I
need to scribe a line .380" from the edge of a sheet of metal I just set
the dial to .380 and drag it down the metal and I have a straight line
.380 from the edge. Can still use it to measure things but not the
outside 1/4 inch of the caliper.
Doug Odom in big ditch