What's going on and hydralic cam followers.

To: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>, land-speed-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: What's going on and hydralic cam followers.
From: Chris Harris <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 12:18:16 +1300
Pulled the motor down in the roadster, sold off the heads complete plus the
cam, lifters and pushrods. Making up a pair of adapter plates out of alloy
flat to fit our induction onto a new pair of high port heads. Going to
overbore the block plus fit our stroker crank to step it up to a 'B' class
mill. Also reassembling my street rod after a 12 mth rebuild as it's been on
the road about 12-13 years. Coming together real well so will get to cruuze
over Summer. Got one concern which I'd like to start a thread on to get some
opinion
concerning currently available hydraulic flat tappets.

It seems because new vehicles don't use them, the good old hydraulic flat
tappet we've all used by the scillion since the fifties are now a rare item
especially if you want a quality set. Third world manufacture with it's
marginal quality control especially in radius and hardness is devouring new
cams like an old 'packman'. Going to fire the rod motor soon so where is
most reliable source of these followers.

Chris H.................NZed.