FAQ about 2 long and 2 short courses.

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: FAQ about 2 long and 2 short courses.
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:52:45 EST
First, there is some confusion that all 4 courses are right next to each
other. Not so. Picture the aerial view of the existing Bonneville track as
shown
in the entry handout. In fact, drag it out and "draw along". Draw a  line
adjacent to the left of the long course starting at the start and  going about
half way down the long course. This is the additional short  course. On the
other side of the center/emergency/Glens posh trailer area, draw  a line
between
the short course extending the length of the long course on the  other side.
You end up with a short, long, Glen Zone, long, short. Everybody  would still
turn out for normal return and all lanes would turn inside for  emergency
needs.
None of that changes. The return roads don't change.

Yes, it will take more volunteers and more equipment. But what are the
alternatives? If we address the ever increasing racers at Bonneville and all
LSR
venues for that matter, it will take more volunteers and equipment. I
considered  this and found this plan requires the least amount of additional
personal
or  equipment. Way less than separate courses that we don't have room for
anyway.

If any of the 4 courses have a problem, it shuts down all 4 courses.  Yes,
this is true but it's no different than what happens now. A problem on  either
course shuts down everything. The big difference is when the course  is clear,
4 courses fire up instead of 2 to address the back log of waiting  cars.

Concern was shown if the long course car has a mishap, people from the pits
will drive across the short course getting to the long course crash. In
reality,  the long course car crash would have taken place after the 5 mile
marker
on the  long course otherwise the short course car would never have been sent
down  the track.

Otto