Hazard warning lights...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Hazard warning lights...
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:45:43 EST
In a message dated 11/16/2006 8:06:06 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
speedtimer@charter.net writes:

Bryan

We tried  it at El Mirage and Bonneville. No one could ever see it as they
were looking  at the tach or the run it's self. A couple came close to hitting
them and  never saw them.
Glen

Glen

You were being way too subtle!!!
How about a very bright laser light that's aimed and deployed from the
timing tower, When the drivers are "blinded by the light", he will know there
is  a
problem down course! Kidding.

Actually, laser lights with disbursers mounted  on top of all the mile
markers could work. They would rotate like Police "gumballs", only MUCH
brighter.
Drivers would see them when ever they glanced away from their  tacks/GPS' and
looked down course. Also if someone is driving across course,  the push truck
is going way too far down track before pulling off, an  emergency vehicle has
to cross or Glen has to go to the food stand,  etc. LOL

A rotating laser or possibly clusters of bright LED lights could be used
successfully for signal lights. I'd stick them above all the mile markers on
both sides of the track. This way if a vehicle takes out the mile marker they
would buzz right below the mass of the rotating beacons, saving the lights and
their dental work in the case of a biker.

I understand the problems of anything along the course that drivers could
hit. I still feel some sort of safety indicators should be used to make the
sport safer. It would also make the 4 course plan more feasible.  Hmmmmmm...

I know!, we can hang them on a cable stretched down the middle of the track
from start to finish. We'll get JCB's push vehicle to stretch the cable! LOL.

FYI, JCB sponsors National IHRA drags in this country. I love them now!
Oddly, they didn't use their record disintegrating Liner in the adds, just a
bunch of construction equipment. What's with that? LOL

Otto