The new prez's goals

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: The new prez's goals
From: "J.D. Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:20:12 -0800
>I checked the new Prez's goals. I loved all of Jim's goals! >

Since many SCTA members read this and the land speed site I challenge all
you who want things different, better, or whatever to step up. At the end
SCTA meeting Jim thanked every body for voting (largest in years) not just
for him but voting. He asked all those interested in being on the Board for
the coming year to contact the new Secretary Russ Eyres.

Jim's goals and SCTA need new younger blood and also more M/C contributors.
He can't go beat the bushes and prod people to come and volunteer...But what
we need is those who want to but have been afraid to ask to indeed "step
up". If a new Board is formed with mostly older volunteers who continue to
do it year after year and you don't like it; don't complain.

It's thankless work. The new VP Bob Webb has told me today he is cutting
salary in half. Damnation 1/2 of nothing---how will I ever survive. I
volunteered to Jim at the meeting to continue with the timing tags and certs
and he replied please do and thanks. Many will continue as they have for
years doing needed jobs but are not voting Board positions. For instance Dan
and I have jobs/assignments but do not vote.

So if you feel you can contribute by working in a thankless/underpaid
position and attending monthly meetings this is your chance.

Good Luck to the new board and best to all of you for a successful 2007