So let me get this straight about the destroked otto/302 Ford.

To: ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: So let me get this straight about the destroked otto/302 Ford.
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 05:42:56 EST
Let me recap. Phil asked the question;

"Just  theory wise wouldn't it be better to have the 4.0 bore of  the 302 and
 whatever short
stroke is required to reach 260?"

And I responded with;

Hi Phil

Big bore, short stroke is the way to go. All brands of  Nascar engines are
this "over square" configuration.

It allows  better volumetric efficiency as you can stuff bigger valves in
and they  breath better with the extra clearance the bigger bore provides. Put
the  longest rods in you can, even if the pins are up under the oil  ring lands.

Otto

And Dirt Track Doug collaborated some of my recommendations with;

Hi Phil    how you ?   Bigger bores allow bigger  valves.       ...hmmmmm

'your way' sounds nice to  me.     -oughtta be good for over 12,000  rpm

whoooomBah!

and  cheers, -it's your ol' pal,  "Dirt Track Doug"

So Dave, where did I miss lead Phil? I recommended he go with the 302  block
and a shorter stroke. For his application what would you recommend??? You
didn't recommend anything except telling me and everyone I don't know squat and

should drop posting for an undetermined amount of time. I take exception to
that. I know precisely what squat is! LOL

Phil didn't ask what bore/stroke ratio for anything but a 260" Ford V8
engine, not all other applications like a V-16 F1 or a four banger  motorcycle.

So Dave, tell me why do ALL Nascar brand engines have more bore and less
stroke than stock to reach 358 cubes??? Why do they all have 6.2" rods instead
of the stock 5.7" rods??? Maybe because they make the most power like I
recommended to Phil? I could be wrong and maybe those Nascar guys have it  all
wrong
too. You better straighten them out too.

Don't get me wrong Dave. I totally respect your vast knowledge about how to
make HP. I have already corresponded with you off list about it and when I
step  up to $EFI$, you will be the guy I come to.

I just didn't appreciate the personal attack. I'm a sensitive kinda guy,
just ask Sparky. You can hurt a guys feelings without batting an eye, you  know
what I mean, Chile bean?

Otto
The forever silent lister...