Re: Burt Munro

To: "list answer" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Burt Munro
From: "Pork Pie" <pork.pie@T-Online.de>
Date: 15 Jan 2007 20:28 GMT
Heinz Herz showed me a picture with the Delphin III at the Bonneville Salt
Flats - by the side of the bike was Wilhelm Herz and Burt Munro - so it had to
be 1956 when he was the first time there.
As I remember - Burt never set a record over 200 mph, the fastest one way I
know was 198+ mph, but there is still a information that once he done a one
way run over 200 mph but I found no confirmation to this speed. His S-F 1000
cc record still stand with 183 mph.
See ya
Pork Pie

------