Updating record runs under protest, previously, AN fittings...

To: ed@vetteracing.com
Subject: Updating record runs under protest, previously, AN fittings...
From: Askotto@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 00:38:26 EST
In a message dated 1/15/2007 10:00:50 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
ed@vetteracing.com writes:

True,  Glen. But there are those rare occaisions that a record is
underprotest,
or  appeal or whatever, and if there is a change right before ameet,  the
decision doesn't always make it to the web  intime.
Ed

Hi Ed

Just my opinion but if a racer is going for, say a 200 mph record on the  web
site, wouldn't they go balls to the walls and try 100% to blow the record in
the weeds? I would! If they find out later the record is adjusted either way
because of a delayed update like you site, it wouldn't make a difference on
how  they run thinking it was 200. I would also think any updates would lower
the  record speed on the web site as they are protesting a new record.

How would you suggest they change it to make updates more current? I  guess a
notice on a bulletin board or announcements on the PA/CB at the race  would
be the latest info possible on late decisions.

Oh, Oh, I've got it as usual! When they register for the race, there  will be
a flag on their class record, the SCTA officials can tell them  straight
away, "Hey, the record in your class is officially Blah, Blah  now".

Otto