hydrogen

To: land speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: hydrogen
From: dan warner <dwarner230@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 13:09:42 -0800 (PST)
Otto,

  If you ran flat out for 3 miles, like the Toyota that ran a couple of years
ago, you would find the battery dead before the 1 mile sign. Reading of the
Production rules will find that battery/gas engine hybrids are classed with the
gas engine and run on that record.

  The Toyota deal is another example of "we need a class, we're here for the
long term." One week, 134 mph, never see them again let alone the hundreds of
hybrid entries plus the promised manufacturer's involvement.

  No wonder the association is reistant to adding classes for other than gas
engine vehicles. The alternative fuel gang will run in one class, any body, one
record.

  Besides, I will never understand the exercise of running you alternative fuel
vehicle for a speed record. Don't you market to the greenies?

  DW

Need Mail bonding?