[Land-speed] Scam of the Week

To: jolylance@earthlink.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: [Land-speed] Scam of the Week
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 15:23:10 EDT
I was discussing a recent car sale with a pal works for a brokerage outfit
today who inquired how I accepted payment. When I replied we did it through
Ebay's Paypal, he said that was fortunate as the latest ruse is fake cashiers
or
 bank checks. You take your authentic looking check to your bank, deposit it
against your account, and when it gets through the process a few days later
your  car/boat/bike is gone and  you are scrood. Obviously being the cynic I am
 I'd have the bank authenticate the check before I'd make the property
exchange,  but there are lots of people that would take the check, especially
if
they think  they really did well on the sale.
My point is I called my bank just now and they confirmed it is a rapidly
growing scam and recommended spreading the info to everybody...caveat  emptor...
Bob W