Re: [Land-speed] Most prolific record setting car

To: "J.D. Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>, <Askotto@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Most prolific record setting car
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:07:41 -0500
Okay guys...  Wait a dang minute here...

Nobody got a new red hat... All 4 of us already had them !!!  We're just
racers... in other words we didn't just show up one year and cherry pick a
few records... and never come back...  This was my tenth year on the salt.
All of us love the salt and the challange it provides.

David built this motor with his own hands... and money,   Tonya and I flew
out and installed it with David's help  ( you try that in someone else's
shop)...  Steve killed himself all week thrashing on the car...

I'd built the belly pan in 2002... so the car could compete in the Comp
Coupe Class... David sorted out the avalible records both in Comp coupe and
Altered...  Sure some had no or low records...  We fixed that... if you have
something faster... go fix them again. ( bring a race car... )

You want heroic?  how bout you take your 8 to 1 Compression Big block and
run it without the blower on Nitrous and beat our 252mph record...  By the
way that was our own record at 249mph that we upped to 252mph.

All and all.... it was an incredible week... and Nothing anyone can say will
ever take back the feelings we all have over the real accomplishment of
it...

Keith ( something about sticking that in your pipe and smoking it )