Re: [Land-speed] Another chrome-moly rant??

To: "'Ed Weldon'" <23.weldon@comcast.net>, "'DougOdom'"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Another chrome-moly rant??
From: <neil@dbelltech.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 12:37:03 -0700
Ed;

There is no need to be frightened of chrome moly tubing, you only need to be
careful. The common grade to use is 4130N; "N" means "normalized" and this
grade has an ability to be welded. TIG is best but lots of airplanes were
built using gas welded 4130N. "Fillet brazing" is another good technique
that was discussed on this list in the past. A good book is "How to Weld
Danmed Near Anything".

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ