[Land-speed] Ford Tri-Motor-non LSR

To: ricray@flightline.com, burklands411@imt.net, tomb@petersen-inc.com,
Subject: [Land-speed] Ford Tri-Motor-non LSR
From: wester6935@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:16:53 +0000
Check this out.  ...  http://www.ipass.net/ginkgo/N9612home.html

I have a photo of my dad standing by a Ford Tri Motor he rode in at the Grand
Canyon airport near the north rim.  He painted a sign with cartoon cowboys on
it for the owner of the small trading post there.  The owner's name was Hayden
"Hades" Church if I remember correctly.  The sign was still there when mom and
a couple of close friends of dad's took me there in 1940, four years after
dad's death.  I conned Hades out of a turquoise and silver ring (and
embarrassed my mother no end) that I still have and treasure.  Long story.

Wes