Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR: remember her?

To: "joseph lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>, "Doug Odom"
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Non LSR: remember her?
From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xmission.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:58:52 -0700
Is this the same Bill Ward who ran the orange #30 Opel GT in Modified
Sports?  His drawings seemed more cartoon-like than Vargas's.

And yes, I remember Vargas and his art (I musta been a bit
precocious, Wes...I found 'em in my father's Playboys.  Until he
started hiding 'em.  But I always seemed to find the occasional
tidbit under the front seat of his 53 Buick.  Never saw the Esquire
pics, though) and he was fantastic.  I still have a collection of his
drawings in digital form.

I also remember Bettie Page and the famous bangs.  I'd read about her
getting religion, but I didn't realize that she had reconciled it
with her modelling.  She was a very lovely lady.  I always thought
that her best photos were done by Bunny Yeager, who was also a pinup
model...but wielded a mean Speed Graphic camera, too.

RtR