Re: [Land-speed] Oiling Questions

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tweecer@yahoogroups.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Oiling Questions
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@RBMotorsports.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:01:47 -0400
Doc
I just saw this old note and can offer that Peterson has an external
pressure relief valve that I use on the Lakester/liner.  When I had the
latest and greatest Barnes 5 stage pump built, I did so without the internal
regulator.  I think this system provides a more consistent overall oil
supply than with the internal bypass.  It does add complexity, weight and
the potential failure of hoses, but I really prefer to bypass to the tank
and I'll take the hit for the other stuff.

Rick
Land-speed@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive