mg-mmm

Re: Diff conversion

To: <tnishio@adv.mei.co.jp>
Subject: Re: Diff conversion
From: "The Hornet's Nest" <scarsdal@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:13:59 -0000
Cc: <MG-MMM@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
----- Original Message -----
From: <tnishio@adv.mei.co.jp>
To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2000 4:18 AM
Subject: Diff conversion

Hiro,
 I have used the modern Midget diff assembly for many years on a Wolseley
Hornet Special, basically the the same rear axle as the MGs. You need to
weld up the holes to mount the diff & then redrill to suit the Midget diff.
I drilled all the way thru & fitted long bolts with anti crush spacers.You
then need to make a spacer 3/16" (4.76mm) to go between axle and diff. The
only other jobs are to get new halfshafts made with the 'modern' spline on
the inner end &mod shorten the propshaft.
By doing this mod I can change the axle ratio to suit the event. Available
ratios are 3.5(Riley), 3.9 (Wolseley), 4.22 (Midget), 4.55 (Austin A35),
4.875, 5.1, 5.3 (Morris Minor).For drawings & more detail contact me direct.
                   Graham Whitaker (several Hornet Specials, MG PA, MG SA,
1/2 MG J2)
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol