mg-mmm

RE: 1933 MG

To: "'J.E.A.Rich'" <jear@rmi.net>, "'mg-mmm@autox.team.net'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1933 MG
From: Nick Wright <NickWright@sutton-publishing.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:47:07 -0000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Not so. The photo is a genuine 1930s item and was taken at the time the
Royal Scot visited the USA (I am afraid I do not have the exact date to
hand). The clothing of the people will tell you this, but the Royal Scot
locomotive is in its as built conditoin (it was extensively altered shortly
after the war I think). If the locomotive did visit the USA again it
certainly wouldn't have looked like this.
Maybe Barry Walker was telling the truth?

Nick Wright
PA 2218