mg-mmm

Re: PA windscreen wiper wireing

To: Jack and Sherri Hardy <jnshardy@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: PA windscreen wiper wireing
From: "Jos Wantz" <Jos.Wantz@mfp.etat.lu>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 08:10:30 +0100
Cc: MG-MMM <MG-MMM@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Jack and Sherri Hardy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  I'm starting to assemble the windscreen for my PA and find the holes
> for the wire are too small! I got two conductor wire from S&V for the
> purpose, it measures 0.140x0.230 inch, the holes in the frame are round,
> 0.150 inch dia. Did MG use different wire? I can't believe a single wire
> would work, relying on the frame to somehow provide a return electrical
> path. And tiny wire does not seem right. I can file the holes out to fit
> the wire, but hesitate to modify if I don't have to. The wire does go
> inside the frame doesn't it?
>
>           Thanks,
>           Jack
> British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol

Hello,
I had the same proble with my (former) PB. Having been at Silverstone at the
big MG meeting, I looked at several cars and I found the following solution:

Only the hot wire is to be put behind the glass sealing. The earth will be
done by the windscreen frame! (which was duly earth strapped under the
dashboard).
I do not know if this was strictly original as the factory did it in the
30's, but it works!
Best regards,
Jos Wantz
Cercle MMM Luxembourg