mg-mmm

More Head Studs and other stuff

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: More Head Studs and other stuff
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 23:44:18 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gents, none of you told me how much fun I was going to have fitting new head
studs to a N type block.....Whew!  I'll bet I had that head on and off a
dozen times until I got the two rear most studs so that they didn't foul the
cam pedestal and still left enough thread for the nut.
A few other tight spots also up and down the camshaft.......

Now that I have the head torqued down with a modified crow foot.....getting
the dynamo into position is a trick.  Made worse no doubt by my extremely
shaved head......but I can just do it.  Will be a pain if I have to do it
after the engine is in the chassis.

What's the consensus on gasket goo on the inlet and exhaust gaskets??

and why am I the only one asking dumb questions on this list??  Thanks to all
who respond.

Happy Holidays to all!!!
Terry
NA 0613