mg-mmm

TC axle in J2 chassis?

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: TC axle in J2 chassis?
From: Bill Putnam <bputnam@powercom.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:46:00 -0500
Cc: bputnam@cityofmadison.com
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Greetings,

I have so far been unable to locate a straight crack free J2 or P
type front axle for my J2.  There is a TC front axle for sale on
e bay right now and I'm wondering if anyone has ever put a TC front
axle on a J2.  The TC track is listed as 3" wider, but I don't know
how much difference there is in the length of the axle proper as
the TC has center laced wheels while the J2 has outside laced wheels.
Is the distance between spring perches greater on the TC?  King
pin size the same or different?

Any advice or offer of a straight crack free J2 axle is appreciated,

Bill Putnam