mg-mmm

Re: engineering challenge

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: engineering challenge
From: Bill <bill707@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:40:01 -0800
Cc: DB35PA@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
On Feb 3, 2004, at 2:19 PM, TATERRY@aol.com wrote:

Don, you should go with bucket seats......that would be a period modification
and you will be able to get the bucket further back in the car. You should
also talk to Murray Arundell down in Austrailia who is even bigger than you
about all the mods he did to his TC so he can fit into it.
In the P tub the space between the outer wall and the tunnel is scant more than 12 inches. I've been on the hunt for buckets for a spell and found one... it measures 14.5" so won't fit "all the way back". I may not be big-boned challenged, but my butt just squeezes into my bucket and it's not even upholstered. There is undoubtedly more space in the TC tub. I've seen threads on this subject in the past and I do believe that, barring serious modification of the tunnel (may not be possible due to diff/prop shaft clearance) the bench seat provides the best big guy room. I'm 6'2" and I have the P seat back as far back as it can go which is farther that the standard adjustments.
For what it's worth...

Bill Tantau
TC 7606
PA 1688