mg-mmm

J2 Fuel Tanks

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: J2 Fuel Tanks
From: ian thomson <i.thomson@talk21.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:59:16 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi All.  I am about to turn my attention to the fuel
tank rebuild.  I have a new tank which came with the
car but it has no filler neck, breather or feed pipes.
 Could anyone tell me how to bend the breather coil
without kinking it and what tubing to use.  I expect
that the original imperial tubing is difficult to get
so will modern microbore piping do?  Also I need to
know the dimensions of the filler neck (length and
diameter) and what the cap fixing looks like.  Are
there any modern tanks which I can cut the neck off.
I expect I will use a non-original cap to keep the
cost down.  Any comments would be gratefully received.

Ian Thomson