mg-mmm

Re: Distributor Clamps (was Lights- head lamps)

To: lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com, p.green@mgk3.co.uk, mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net, boltonmg@comcast.net, hiro@octagongarage.com
Subject: Re: Distributor Clamps (was Lights- head lamps)
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:36:28 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 11/1/2004 6:24:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com writes:

> However, I'm still very
> interested to find out the source of the clamp found on my PB and marked in
> the picture as "?". I believe it might have been from a VA, SA, or WA, but I
> have written to a VA expert to get input.

Lew, I can tell you as an SA expert that it did not come from an SA.  It is
very possible that some one in the distant past adapted an adjuster from the
big MGs or the T types and made it fit the MMM engine.  It would not be hard to
do.   Or who ever made these things in the beginning had it as an aftermarket
item for MMM engines however I've never noticed and advert for such.  I
believe a lot of microadjuster were thrown away as they wear quickly and you
loose
your timing adjustment.
Terry